More and more cities are constructing bike lanes to create bike-friendly environments. This trend is encouraging commuters to see their bicycles as a necessity rather than a luxury. Bikes save time, get you out of traffic jams, and, best of all, they’re great for the environment.
The problem is where to store your bike. That’s why finding the best bike wall rack for your wheels is essential.
The 5 Best Bike Wall Racks
After reviewing a variety of bike storage options, we’ve rounded up the five best bike wall racks. Let’s get started!
1. Delta Cycle Michelangelo – Top Pick
The Delta Cycle Michelangelo is a popular bike wall rack famous for its ease of use. Its durable steel frame is slender and does a wonderful job of fitting seamlessly into any home decor.
One reason we like this rack is how easy it is to install. It’s worth noting that the instructions state to attach the rack to a wall. We decided to try it first without any drilling, and we’re happy to say it remained stable.
We were impressed by Michelangelo’s movable support arms. They’re designed to handle a wide variety of bikes. To reposition, simply twist until each one reaches the desired position.
Another practical feature is the additional side hooks. They provide a safe place to hang your helmet and other biking accessories. Cool, right?
- Movable support arms
- Durable design
- Additional side hooks
- Price is relatively high
2. Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack – Runner-Up
- Fits most road, hybrid, cruisers and select mountain bikes without fenders and tire diameters of 20” to 29” and widths up to 2.1 inches
- Holds a bike weighing up to 77 lbs. or 35kg.
- No -Lifting - Simply balance the bike on its rear wheel and push it into the rack – there is no heavy lifting required
- Specialized, Aero, Time Trial & other racing bikes A minimum clearance of 20mm between your bike's front tyre and down tube is required to load your bike into the Classic Rack. Some Specialized bikes, aero bikes, other racing bikes and all time trial bikes with less clearance will require our Fender Rack. Please check your bike's suitability. **Not suitable - for bikes with permanent or fixed front fenders.
- Space Saving – unlike bike stands, hooks or pulley systems, our racks have a unique swivel design allowing more bikes to be stored in less space and still be accessible
The Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack is one of the best products on the market. What makes this vertical bike rack so special? It’s one of the easiest racks to use.
You don’t even have to lift the bike off the ground. Just hold the bike upright in a vertical position on its back wheel. Then, let the front wheel roll into the rack’s grip.
The manufacturers didn’t stop there. They added a hinge that pivots almost 180 degrees. This means you can store your bikes in line with the wall, standing out, or overlapping with each other.
The Steadyrack is made from UV-treated plastic and a steel frame. It’s sturdy enough to accommodate a wide range of bikes.
- Versatile mounting options
- Compatible with most bikes
- Pivoting hinge
- Doesn’t require heavy lifting
- Price is relatively high
- Not suitable with bikes that have mudguards
3. Dirza Vertical Bike Rack – Best Budget
- TIRE TRAY:The wall mount bike rack includes tire tray that not only keeps the wall clean and avoids leaving marks, but also keeps the bicycles neat and looks more beautiful. Comes with screws and installation instruction,bike hanger is easy to install.Besides, the screw mounting holes of the hanger and tire tray are in a straight line to make the bike storage systemt suitable for any size of stud.
- SPACE SAVER: Getting the bike off the floor and free up more valuable floor space to keep your garage clean and tidy by using our bike hanger which is great for apartments, garage, indoor and small room. Our wall mount bike storage system is compatible for most bicycles including road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrid Bikes, but NOT for bicycles with tire width over 2.4"/6.0cm.
- STRONG & SAFE: The bike hook is made of heavy duty iron and weighs up to 1.25 lbs per unit which means it won't bent and last forever. The strong hook and 4 upgraded screws give the bike holder an excellent suspension capacity, with a single bike holder bearing up to 65 lbs. It's easy to storage and detach bike but hard to drop the bike by accidentally hitting,because the unique safety hook design can prevent accidental release.
- HIGH QUALITY:The garage bike rack deal with powder coated and hanging hook is cover with rubber to protect the bicycle wheel from being scratched. The ‘angled’ hook designed is not only easy to hang and take off the bike but also use the force of the wall to disperse the pressure of the bike wheel.
- GOOD SERVICE:We stand behind our products.The bike hanger is built to last.Our service team provide 7x24h service to help our customers.If you have any question,No hesitate to contact us.We're happy to serve you.Note: The bike storage system require install on stud,masonry or concrete wall,do NOT mount on plasterboard unless there is a stud behind it.
The Dirza Vertical rack is built with functionality in mind. The designers took a good look at most of today’s city apartments and decided to come up with an ingenious way to store bikes.
First, they designed a hook and plate system that can safely handle tires and rims. Just lift up your bike and slide the front wheel into the hook.
The entire rack is covered with a high-strength heat-treated powder-coated layer. It’s sturdy and durable, with a maximum weight load of 65 pounds.
Another practical feature is that you can mount the Dirza to any studded wall. It comes with four screws, which are installed into the studs after you’ve drilled into the wall.
- Durable design
- Can support heavy bikes
- Budget-friendly price
- Isn’t suited for wide wheels
4. Hornit Clug: Most Minimalistic
- It's the world's smallest bike rack! The CLUG has been designed to hold your bike securely by the tire without damaging your sidewalls or putting too much pressure on the rims. Store your bike neatly with the tiny bike rack that works with your floor.
- Clug your bike vertically or horizontally, with all necessary hardware included. The Roadie and Hybrid come with anchors for mounting into drywall. MTB, MTB XL, and XXL PLUS need to be mounted into studs, brick, concrete, etc. Not a hanging bicycle rack.
- Available in five sizes to fit most bikes. Size ranges are based on tire width. Make sure to order the correct size for your tires. If the CLUG is too big, your bike may slip out of it. Too small, and your bike won't fit.
- Drill holes if mounting the CLUG on anything other than a wood surface or a stud in the wall. Just affix the template guide to the wall with tape and drill right through the guide. Insert the included anchors into the holes, and you’re ready to roll.
- Organizes space and increasea usable floor area with this minimal profile storage system. Great for all kinds of living arrangements, from studio apartments to duplexes, and even freestanding single family homes! Anywhere space is a a premium.
Do you know the saying ‘great things come in small packages’? This definitely applies here. The Hornit CLUG is durable, practical, and easy to install.
We also appreciate that it’s available in five sizes to accommodate all bikes. It’s important to note that the manufacturers rate the CLUG’s maximum load capacity at 29 pounds.
Designed in the shape of the letter ‘G,’ the clamp grips the front tire. At the same time, the back tire rests on the floor.
The CLUG bike rack is mounted by drilling two holes in the wall, then securing the screws tightly. It can be fixed either vertically or horizontally.
- Minimalist design
- Works both horizontally or vertically
- Limited maximum weight load
- Won’t be able to support your bike if it has a flat tire
5. Ibera Adjustable Bicycle Wall Hanger – Most Versatile
- Bike Hook Holder Storage Rack for Indoor Storage
The Ibera Adjustable Bicycle Wall Hanger is a sturdy and reliable horizontal rack. It gives you some impressive options, such as its telescoping tubes. Use them to pull the arms outward or inward, depending on the size of your room.
The arms are made of padded aluminum. They provide maximum support for your bike without chipping the paint.
Featuring a maximum weight load of 40 pounds, the Ibera has various adjustment options. Using a simple ratcheting mechanism, you can reposition the support arms. Not only can you change their width and height, but they also lock into place for maximum security.
- Adjustable height and width
- Durable build
- Telescoping tubes that adjust the arm length
- Affordable price
- The tab that locks the bike in place becomes loose with time
What Should You Consider When Choosing a Bike Wall Rack
The best bike wall racks help you protect your ride. They’re also a terrific way to keep your bike on display while keeping it out of the way to save floor space.
Here are some tips to think about before buying a wall rack for your bike.
Take Your Bike Measurements
Check the measurements and specs on your bike. Some bike wall racks are designed to hang on to the wheels. Others carry the crossbar, also known as the top tube.
Almost all bike racks have weight limitations. So it’s essential to weigh your bike beforehand.
Choose The Right Spot
With a bike rack, you can keep your bike accessible. At the same time, you want to place it somewhere close to the front door to avoid tracking in mud and making a mess.
Once you’ve picked the best place to store your bike, you have to choose the type of wall rack you can hang in that area.
Pick The Best Rack Type for Your Space
In this article, we focused mainly on wall racks, such as vertical and horizontal. Yet, there are other types as well, such as:
- Ceiling Racks
- Floor Racks
- Free-standing Racks
Our Top Pick
You don’t have to break your budget or create lasting damage to your walls. Our product reviews for the best bike wall racks have something for every bike style and budget.
Our top pick is the Delta Cycle Michelangelo 2 Bike Storage Rack - Gravity Wall Bike Rack - Fully Adjustable Bike Rack Garage For Road, MTB, and Hybrid Bicycles - Vertical Bike Rack Holds Up To 80 lbs. This versatile, user-friendly bike rack is a terrific option for a wide variety of spaces. It has features that boost its functionality, such as the movable arms and side hooks.
Are you looking for something more affordable? Try the No products found.. It has a sturdy design that can handle bikes up to 65 pounds. It’s also easy to install and use. All these features at such an affordable price make this bike rack an excellent option!