It’s pretty common for the preserved food to lose flavor or become prey to freezer burn. You are either unaware of the appropriate freezing ways or have no idea about the reliable freezing containers. To extend the life of your food while keeping it fresh and safe, you have to choose the best containers for freezing food. There are plenty of options to stock your freezer with your favorite food.
What to look for when buying the best containers for freezing food
Picking a suitable container for safe and flavorful storage is quite important. You must know about the valuable factors to look for them while choosing the best container.
What is the material of the container?
There is a variety of materials used for the making of such containers. But, you need to choose the one that is durable and secure. Two of the most common materials are plastic and glass. Glass containers are much heavier and expensive. But they provide you with long-lasting service along with safety. On the other hand, BPA-free plastic is the best budget-friendly container choice which is also unbreakable and lightweight. The problem is that you can’t use it for heating food because of the risk of chemical leaching. Well, the latest BPA-free plastic containers are safer to use than the older ones.
The shape of the container
You should know that the shape of the container matters. You can’t put meat in a round-shaped container easily. In the same way, soups and salads are not suitable to place in a rectangular container. Therefore, buy an appropriate container, keeping in mind the type of food you want to store. Also, the edges must be decent to avoid hogging up extra freezer space.
To ensure the safe and lasting freezing process, getting a container with leak-proof lids is vital. They contribute to the airtight freezing because of the clasps or perfect fit the lid has. Therefore, your food will stay fresh even after a couple of weeks.
|Feature||Rubbermaid brilliance||DuraHome||Achor Hocking|
|Material||BPA free plastic||BPA free plastic||Glass|
Rubbermaid Best Containers for Freezing Food
No other container can replace the perfection of the Rubbermaid when it comes to storing food in the freezer. Except for its airtight seal, the entire container is see-through, making it easier for us to keep an eye on the food inside. These containers are known for the lasting protection they provide to your favorite food items.
The odor and stain-resistant feature make it highly beneficial for long-term usage. Some of these containers have compartments as well. The container is microwave friendly which means you can reheat the food without changing the container. Rubbermaid brilliance containers are easy to stack so that you can save your freezer space as well as they are lightweight for easy carrying.
- Microwave and dishwasher friendly
- Leak-proof and highly suitable for liquids
- Not durable for the long run
DuraHome Food Storage Containers for Freezer
- 44 Plastic food storage containers and 44 lids in 3 convenient sizes. Clear - so you can easily see what's inside. Tight sealing lids for airtight leakproof storage.
- Pack includes: 16 sets of 8oz. + 16 sets of 16oz. + 12 sets of 32 oz. lids included. Microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe (top rack). Lids are interchangeable between sizes!
- Excellent for storing soups, condiments, sauces, dressing, salads, fruit, baby food, healthy snacks and leftovers. Great for a variety of items, including; homemade slime, jewelry, arts & crafts, nails, screws and little toys!
- Sturdy heavy-duty containers are made of high quality 100% food-grade BPA -free polypropylene. No Toxins. Durable for everyday use. Designed to withstand freezing temperatures for extended periods of time. Reusable
- Perfect for lunch boxes, carrying meal components separately, for meal prep, portion control, catering, hotel kitchens, restaurants and travel. Great lightweight alternative to glass containers. Manufacture warranted - If you aren’t 100% satisfied, or with any issues just contact us!
This highly affordable set of 44 containers with three different sizes makes your food freezing relatively easy and quick. Sharing food with your friends or family would be more fun with these clear BPA plastic beauties. Moreover, the sizes include quart, cup, and a pint. Use them for whatever food type you want. Also, the lids are the same for all, which means you are free from the hassle of finding the right one every time.
These versatile round-shaped containers are suitable for microwaves and dishwashers as well. They will not break easily because of the sturdy material they are made up of.
- Same lids for all
- It comes in 3 convenient sizes
- Great for soups, baby foods, salads, and beans
- Stain removal is not that easy sometimes
Anchor Hocking True Seal Glass Container for Freezing Food
- Set Contains: (1) 1-cup, (2) 2-cup, (1) 4-cup, and (1) 7-cup Round Food Storage Containers with Green TrueSeal Lids
- Tempered Tough Glass is Microwave, Oven, Freezer, & Dishwasher Safe
- Glass does Not Stain or Absorb Odors
- Our TrueSeal Lids are designed to prevent spills and leaks
Anchor hocking brings you a set of 10 best containers for freezing food so that you can store any of your food items for a more extended period.
The topmost factor that keeps your food fresh and full of flavor is the container’s airtight seal. Anchor hocking containers are known to be the best for their exceptional preserving ability.
To your surprise, the lids are adjustable to avoid damaging the container while opening or closing the cover. As these containers are glass, you can easily use them in the microwave or oven up to 425F; they won’t break or crack. Don’t worry about the stains or odors because the glass material will never allow them to sit inside.
- Odor and stain resistant
- Made up of tempered tough glass
- The lid has stretchable sides
- Transparent lids and containers
- Microwave, dishwasher, and oven friendly
- Keep your food fresh for more extended periods
- You can’t keep them over each other because of the slippery lid.
Pyrex Best Containers for Freezing Food
- Set includes: (1) each 3-cup, 6-cup, and 11-cup Rectangular Dishes with Blue Lids
- Made of nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Glass is preheated oven, microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher safe
- Lid is BPA free and top-rack dishwasher safe
- Pyrex Glass is Made in the USA and comes with a 2 Year Warranty
Do you want to store your meat items? Pyrex rectangular storage containers give you the chance to store all your favorites in the freezer conveniently. You will get three different sizes in the set of five containers which is quite beneficial for many of us.
These containers are made up of high-quality glass to save your food for longer without letting the air inside so that your food can stay fresh and healthy. The leak-proof lids with BPA-free plastic make sure none of your food is wasted or spilled outside. The material is non-porous to ensure the freshness of the food. As they are not giant, you can also use them on the go.
- Not so heavy
- High-quality, durable glass
- Airtight lids
- It comes in different sizes
- Not safe for the oven, in fact quite dangerous
Rubbermaid Vented Lid Storage Containers
- Disclaimer: Only 3c, 5c & 7c containers contain vented lid
- Built-in vent for splatter-resistant microwaving
- Lids snap together at bases to reduce clutter
- BPA free, microwave safe and dishwasher safe
- Thick, durable container walls for everyday use. Set contains 21 assorted food containers and 21 lids, for a total of 42 pieces. Set includes: (5) 0.5 Cup, (6) 1.25 Cup, (6) 2 Cup, (2) 3 Cup, (1) 5 Cup, (1) 7 Cup, (21) Lids
Are you tired of exploding containers in the microwave? Time to switch to the Rubbermaid vented lid storage options. Well. The set of 42 pieces doesn’t include vented lids for all. But the set of 3, 5, and 7 containers have vented lids for all containers.
The lids are designed in a way to let you experience splatter-free microwaving. Rubbermaid ensures the quality and features to make you feel satisfied. The BPA-free plastic containers have spill-proof lids with a rubber seal for a perfect fit. You can now enjoy your frozen food just like on day one. Easy-to-stack containers are also thick enough to make your everyday usage convenient. Moreover, the variety of sizes lets you store any of your food items easily in the freezer for a long time.
- Wide range of different sizes
- Rubber seal lids with vents
- Thick container walls
- Easily stackable for space-saving
- Quite affordable
- Most of the containers are too small
Other factors to consider when buying the best containers for freezing food
Apart from the basic factors, some other points are there to keep in mind when choosing a storage container for a freezer. Make sure to consider all the factors so that you don’t regret your decision later.
Size of the Container
Many products come in either too small or too big containers, which is a waste of money and time. Hence, it’s better to look for the size before. You should buy a set that includes different sizes, from a smaller to a bigger one.
Easy to Stack Feature
It doesn’t matter a lot, but if you want to save your freezer space or have a lot of food items to store, you should surely check the feature out. Easy-to-stack containers will be easily placed in your freezer without engaging much of the space there.
Our top pick among all other best containers for freezing food is anchor hocking true seal freezer containers based on the appealing features. They are pretty beneficial for storing food, especially when you want to keep it fresh and long-lasting. Now, it’s time to pick your favorite as per your requirements!
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of lid is suitable for microwaving?
A vented lid can be helpful to avoid mishaps while microwaving because you can’t keep changing the containers.
Can a glass container survive higher temperatures?
If the glass is of high quality, food-grade tempered one; it will survive the higher temperatures.
Is it safe to use BPA-free plastic containers?
BPA-free plastic is safe to use even in the microwave because it doesn’t leach chemicals.
Glass or plastic, which one is safest?
Both are good to freeze food in their ways. Some of the glass ones are not so durable for freezing temperatures. At the same time, the plastic ones are not that safe for microwaving. So choose the one according to your requirements to avoid inconvenience.